Blanket of Hope Pt. 2

I finally finished it! The Blanket about which the short story earlier was about!

Blanket.of.hope.jpg

Obviously the story I wrote did not happen though it is what I wished for, but I still got a somewhat good reaction from my husband, Andrew. (He is not in tune with his emotions, but he is getting better!)

Red is his favourite colour, but the deeper shades towards crimson. Sadly the photo shows it as an apple red which it is not.

It is a simple basket weave stitch, and calls only for knit and purl stitches. I expanded it to make a baby blanket which put it at 150 stitches (though I messed up from the get go so it was only 149).
I used stitch markers to keep track of it, and put them at the 25 marker. Orange and teal were the colours of my markers, so I alternated them which helped me keep track of the pattern too. Thankfully, I did not make too many mistakes, and only had to reverse knit once (with my mother’s help).

I am hoping we get a chance at using it sooner rather than later, but it will happen when it is meant to.

P.S. Unsure if I will be posting anything tomorrow. I got my feedback for my book, and have scheduled a brainstorm session tomorrow. Some of the input will result in major changes to my book, but I do believe it will make it better!