Good morning, friends! Couple things to share today…
This week, My hubby and I are taking one of our nephews to stay with us. There’ll probably be some Pokemon Go and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Swimming, splash pads, day trips. Or maybe a more lazy week with in home reading and crafting. Who knows!
Because of this, I will most likely be absent from my blog and less active on Twitter (if you follow me on there; if not, here’s me! @KEMwriting ). There’s no point trying to guarantee blog posts when I’m going to be focused on having fun and laughs with my nephew!
It also means little editing will be done on my book. I plan on making time for it since the writer’s life for me will eventually mean children of my own. This will be a great way to figure that aspect out more.
While I’m off for a week of joy and adventures, I hope this week is fulfilling for the rest of you! Take care!
Oh, and enjoy my very short stories just below!
This is #folly, she cried and barrelled out the open window of the train compartment after her friend. She heard a splash seconds before cold water surrounded her, pulling at her limbs. Unbuttoning her heavy clothes, she sprung to the surface and sought out her friend.
Such a waste of time, she determined and slammed her laptop closed. What a #joke, thinking I could be a writer. She tossed her USB across the room and left it there like a piece of forgotten trash.
Pick me up now, it seemed to say from the floor. We’re not done yet.
Vivian stepped out of her room and the black dress clung to her body like a wet glove. A hesitant smile played on her lips as she descended the staircase. In front of Damian’s hungry gaze, her cheeks turned scarlet.
His kiss was sudden yet she #answered it with passion.
Give ’em #hell, his dad said and tapped his gloves.
He entered the cage to the roars of the crowd and threw his arms up high with his own shout. Pacing back and forth, he watched his opponent. They approached each other, knocked fists and squared up.
The bell rang.
What’s your #intent with my son? she asked. Her legs were crossed, hands rested on her knee.
I plan on making him happy til the end of my days, he answered and smiled. He fiddled with the ring box in his pocket.
That settles it then. You have my blessing, she grinned.
Do you get it yet?
I want You gone
Into a Darkness
only You can
Tired of cruel whims
that Sabotage my attempts
You’re a bad taste
I #renounce You
and Your Tainted Touch
Your Traitorous ways
#Stray dogs littered the streets; unwanted and untended. She shook her head at the sight until a wet nose kissed her hand. Smiling, she stroked the ragged pup and it demanded belly rubs. I can’t save them all but I can save this one, she mused and took it home with her.
Today, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, and that blew me away! I couldn’t believe it, and it gives me a chance to thank some great followers.
Thank you, Charli Dee ( https://lifewithcharli.home.blog/ ) for nominating me! I really appreciate it, and love the support you’ve given me! Your blog has been awesome to follow with the different things you talk about, and I always look forward to your posts.
Now about the Blogger Recognition Award:
The Blogger Recognition Award is an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers. It is a way to recognize the work of other bloggers, and award them for the work they put into putting out blog posts. It is definitely hard work, so I’m very honored to be receiving this award!
- Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
How My Blog Started
Kem’s Journey started out as a way to motivate me to keep writing, and it has helped immensely in that regard. It doesn’t hurt that I am building a following, and this blog encouraged me to explore other social media platforms like Twitter (@KEMwriting). There are so many amazing people out there who ask great questions, provide informing answers, and offer support on bad days. My blog may have started out in one place, but it has taken me to others on the way!
While I keep working away on my book, I post my other attempts in the realm of writing. I have enjoyed writing and reading since I was a child, and I wish I had of kept at it instead of waiting to pick it back up! I now call myself a writer (regardless of not being published), and it is going to stay that way!
Advice to New Bloggers
I’m not sure I am really qualified to give advice in this regard as I’m pretty much winging it. I guess I’ll make an attempt.
- Take the time to read other people’s blogs and comment when you can. Some of these connections will be genuine and worth the world. Bloggers should support each other when able, and you’ll need it at the end of the day, too.
- Find your voice, your reason, your meaning, and talk about it! You’ll stray every now and then, and that’s fine! Just remember your blog is about you and your PASSION so embrace it, and talk about it!
- Make the time for your blog now, because you will regret it later if you don’t! I try and post something every day, but there are times when I don’t. You got to get back up, though, and write that post.
- Weronika Donovan – https://painted-poems.blog/
- Buddhadosha – https://dkflosi.wordpress.com/
- Ilona Pulianauskaite – https://easydiet.blog/
- Cristian Mihai – https://cristianmihai.net/ and/or https://artofblogging.net/
- Peter Edwards – https://littlefears.co.uk/
- Luna – https://lunatheblog.com/
- A Collective of Individuals – https://pointlessoverthinking.com/
- Elizabeth Ramadi – https://poetkisses.blog/
- CJ Porter – https://potheadtoprovidence.com/
- Frank Solanki – https://franksolanki.com/
Writing has always been a passion of mine. It may have been forgotten for spans of time, but I have enjoyed it since I was a child. While it is a hard thing to do, you can only improve, right?
So, in an attempt to improve my craft, I am going to start tweeting a #vss365 every day.
For those of you not sure what that means, vss stands for Very Short Story (the length of a tweet) and 365 means to do every day in a year. I am sure there will be times when I am unable to complete the task, but I am making the attempt.
But, instead of inundating my followers and readers everyday with a new one, I am going to post them once a week. They will be dated and I will leave the prompt word with # to indicate it.
Since Wednesday is an odd date to start, I am going to share today’s attempt (and my first). Afterwards, I hope to do it every Monday.
#veneer covered the coarseness of the room, calming it into a beauty, but she could only hate it. It is a mask, a facade, she thought as her eyes longed for the rugged stone and rough wood beneath it. “Why must we hide the beauty of truth?”